How to improve productivity from Outlook?Heure : Jun. 19, 2019 De : VIP-SCDKEY
Microsoft Outlook works like an email client and also has robust tools for individual and group scheduling, as well as task lists and reminders. The following two tips will help you squeeze more productivity from Outlook than you though was possible.
1.How to Recall an Email
Clicking the send button can spawn instant regret in the case of a message transmitted in haste.Regardless of whether you chose the wrong set of words or the wrong recipient, your life can change, at least temporarily, with one click of your mouse. If you use Outlook 2016 as your email client, you can have a second chance using the recall function.
Learn the following steps so you can recover quickly from a mistake:1. Navigate to your Sent Items folder and double-click the message you wish to bring back.
2. Select the Message tab in the ribbon, and then choose the Move group.
3. Choose the Action icon and then click the Recall This Message option from the drop-down menu.
4. Next, you will see a Recall This Message dialog window open that asks you whether you want a Deleteunread copies of thie message or Delete unread copies of this message and replace with a new message. You can also choose to receive a notification if recall succeeds on a per-recipient basis.
5. Click the OK button.6. If you asked to receive status notification, you would see a Tracking icon appear in the ribbon that, when clicked, will summarize the result of your attempted recall.Email recall might not work for every recipient, so you might want to add a delay to the Send function as an alternative to the Recall function.You lose control over your email after sending it to an external recipient who uses Gmail, Yahoo or other email servers, so Recall only works if you use Outlook with a Microsoft Exchange account, and your recipient uses the same Exchange server. If you do not know if you use an Exchange account, check the email tab from the Account Settings window (accessed from the File menu).2. How to Automate Recurring Tasks and Filing with Quick StepsUse Outlook 365 to automate recetitive tasks such as inviting a particular group of people to meetings or forwarding emails to a group. You can also automate sequences to perform functions such as moving or deleting messages.The Quick Steps feature includes several templates for automating Outlook tasks, so you can save time using the following steps:1. Click the Inbox icon in your folder pane or use the Control+Shift+I key combination to display your received messages.
2. Next, click the arrow that has a line above it in the scroll bar in the Quick Step box. From the list that appears, choose New Quick Step. You will see a list of Quick Setup templates.
3. Choose a template and then complete the steps in the First Time Setup dialog.
4. Give your Quick Step a name and then click the Finish button.Backup your Quick Steps, so you do not have to recreate them manually if something gose wrong with your Outlook application. The process requires MFCMAPI, which gives you access to your mailbox data. You must download MFCMAPI from the Microsoft Open Source website and install it.Next, use the following steps:1. Open MFCMAPI.
2. Accept any prompts from the application until you see the primary window.
3. Click Session and then Logon from the main menu.
4. Choose the profile you wish to backup from the Choose Profile dialog box. A window will open that shows all your mailboxes and pst files used with Outlook. Double-click on the mailbox for which you want to create a Quick Steps backup.
5. Expand the Root - Mailbox or Root Container folder in the navigation panel.
6. Look for a folder called Top Information Store, IPM_SUBTREE or Top of Outlook DATA File and expand it.7. Find the folder called Quick Step Settings and right click on it. From the contect menu, choose Export Folder and then As MSG files.8. In the Save Folder Contents to MSG, check both check boxes and then click OK.9. Use the Browse for Folder option to find a location to store your Quick Steps backup. The system will save each Quick Step as a file, so you might want to create a new folder to store your backup.10. Click OK to start exporting your data.11. Close the open windwos to shut down MFCMAPI or repeat steps 4 through 10 to backup Quick Steps from other mailboxes.For more information:Do you know any tips of Microsoft Office that can improve your work?Comment to earn bonus points.